The new look Grassroots Online Registry which replaces the former ‘Pedeweb’ has been launched today - Wednesday 9 June 2021. Members can mark ponies for sale and highlight stallions who offer AI. It gives access to the whole Society database and allows you to ‘Manage Your Animal Records’.
The registry can be accessed via the Highland Pony Society’s website or direct at www.grassroots.co.uk/highland.html using your normal Breed Society Membership Number and password.
The system opens with a list of all the animals in your registered ownership
- Click on an animal to view its details, pedigree and progeny list
- Click on the magnifying glass (top left) to search the whole database
- Click on the menu (top right) to make changes
- Click on this magnifying glass (top left) to search for people
If you have animals for sale - please go to the menu and flag them ‘For Sale’.
- Report changes direct to the registry ‘on the go’
- Flag ponies as ‘For Sale’. These will immediately appear on the Online Registry
- Flag stallions as ‘available for AI’.
- Deaths - recording the reasons is optional
- Gelding – to inform the Society if your pony has been castrated.
The Registry is very straightforward to use. There is a ‘step by step’ guide available on the Grassroots website https://home.grassroots.co.uk/farmer-access-pedeweb/ if you would like additional help.
The database is as accurate as the information provided by breeders and owners. If a new owner has not updated the records to reflect their ownership, please get in touch with them asking them to send to the Society the Registration Certificate, passport and Transfer of Ownership form.