Highlands at the Horse of the Year Show!
Final preparations are well underway by the owners of the 20 Highland ponies who have qualified for the Horse of the Year Show.
The Highland Pony of the Year Championship at the will take place on Wednesday 6 October and, if not at the actual event, the eyes of Highland pony supporters will be glued to the Livestream that morning!
- Craiglaw McIntosh owned by Abigail Duffy, ridden by Georgina Duffy
- Dunedin Mascot owned by Jane McNaught, in the keepership of Jane McNaught and Katie Common and ridden by Katie Common
- Dunedin McSporran owned by Mrs J and Mr C Grant, ridden by Christopher Grant
- Dunstruan Ettrick Mhor bred, owned and ridden by Miss Heather Dick
- Ellister Islay Spruce owned by Julie Barton, ridden by Rebecca Penny
- Glenbanchor Gillebrighde owned by Mr & Mrs M Taylor and Mr & Mrs K Heynes, ridden by Catherine Taylor
- Highland Chief of Talisker owned by Claire Thorpe, ridden by Amber Thorpe
- Islesman of Mendick owned and ridden by Ruth Darling
- Lagalgarve Brian owned by Bethanie Naylor, ridden by Victoria Casey
- Lochlands Gypsy Baron owned and ridden by Tracey Milward
- Lochlands Maggie May owned and ridden by Katherine Bowling-Hartenfeld
- Mozart of Millfield owned and ridden by Elizabeth Hamilton
- Trailtrow Tearlach owned by Gillian McMurray, ridden Kirstin McMurray
- Valerock Monroe owned by Ruth Roberts, ridden by Claire Fitch
- West Lodge Catriona owned by Robin Stewart, ridden by Kayleigh Evans
Cairns Feargus, owned and ridden by Victoria Oakes, will feature in the Thor Atkinson Steel Fabrication’s Ltd M&M 143cm Working Hunter Pony of the Year which takes place on Thursday 7 October. They have made several very well deserved appearances in this prestigious final.
Then on Friday 8 October, there will be four Highland pony qualifiers in the Junior Ridden Large Breeds M&M Pony of the Year sponsored by UK Ponies & Horses Ltd. It's so encouraging to see all of these young riders competing on Highland ponies at this level.
- Austin of Milton Glen owned by Kirsty Faulkner, ridden by Harriet Drewery
- Cora of Over Langshaw owned by Beverley McCormick, ridden by Aliya Khan (transfer of ownership in progress)
- Lochlands Lord Byron owned by Stephanie Allen, ridden by Oliver Bradshaw
- Whitefield Lord Underwood owned by Clare Casey, ridden by Poppy Fisher
Huge congratuations to all those who have qualified - have the best time ever flying the 'Highland' flag!