As a precursor to an Autumn programme of presentations, we are holding a ‘taster’ session on Thursday 22 April at 7.30pm, on the Zoom platform. Jo Jack, a hugely experienced Highland pony guru, breeder, producer and judge, will give a presentation on breed type including conformation and show production. There will be a Question and Answer session at the end. All members from all over the world are warmly invited. To register for this, please email: and a link with further information will be sent to you.
Members’ Evening Presentations in the Autumn!
From November to mid-December, the Highland Pony Society is going to run a series of evening presentations (30 – 45minutes each) for members also on Zoom. These will cover various Highland pony related topics and culminate in a Panel Night (60 – 75mins) pulling together strands from all the talks with ‘experts’ in different fields ready to answer members’ questions.
Some of the talk suggestions include:
- a large breeder, a very small breeder and stallion owners (Visiting mares and AI)
- a producer and a judge about preparing ponies for In Hand and Ridden showing and what the judge is looking for
- aimed at the ordinary member a talk on wintering, rugging, clipping, feeding regimes related to work etc
- other versatilities including TREC, Working Harness, Side Saddle, Endurance, Hunting etc
- Highland pony conformation including varying types and versatile roles